Confectionery and snacks
The sector wants to capitalise on quality products that combine tradition and a modern edge. This dynamic and innovative market still has a highly present innovative spirit and a huge range of diverse products (small sugar confectionery, chewing gum, sweets and lollipops and also traditional specialities).
We are focusing on reformulation by taking products that consumers already know and offering more natural, less sweet products. We are also focusing on innovation with new snack foods (mixes of fruits and nuts…).
CALISSONS OF AIX-EN-PROVENCE
Quantity : 6 persons
250 g ground almonds
400 g icing sugar
30 ml orange flower water
500 g candied lemon
50 g candied orange
A few sheets of rice paper
1 egg white
2. Cut candied fruits into pieces and blend them with the almond mixture until it is very smooth and tasty.
3. Put the sheets of rice paper in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place a 1 cm high metal frame on the top. Pour the mixture into the frame and smooth with a spatula.
4. Let rest for 48 hours in a dry and cool place.
5. Then, mix 150 g of icing sugar and the white egg. Pour this royal icing over the paste. Smooth with a spatula and let dry for 1 hour.
6. Cut out the calissons with a cutter or a knife, in diamond shapes.
7. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 130°C so that the icing hardens without be colored.
8. Let cool before serving. Store the calissons in a dry and air-tight container.
CANDIED ORANGE WITH DARK CHOCOLATE
Quantity : 8 persons
150 g of candied orange peel
200 g dark chocolate
3 g butter
1. Cut candied orange peel in thin strips.
2. Melt chocolate in abain-marie at 45°C then cool it to 34°C in another water bath. Incorporate and mix the butter to 32°C. Chocolat is ready to use.
3. Soak candied orange peel strips so as to cover them with chocolate. With a spoon, dispose them on a plate covered with greaseproof paper.
4. When all chocolate and peels are used, put them in the refrigerator for 2 hours, to make harden the chocolate.
5. Keep refrigerated.